Monday, May 7, 2018

A Touch of Kindness

Did someone say rabbits? Wait, maybe that was me.

Wikipedia tells me that "Down the rabbit hole" is a metaphor for an entry into the unknown, the disorienting or the mentally deranging, from its use in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. My foray into the world of distress oxide inks was certainly initially a leap into the unknown, but now...hmm, I think we all know whether it has become disorienting or mentally deranging... (I see that eye roll)

At any rate, simple cards seem to be the flavour of the moment and while today's is perhaps a touch less straightforward than the previous two, it was very easy to put together nonetheless.

SU's new set Enjoy Life has some great sentiments and silhouette images, so I came up with this pretty Thank You card. It shimmers beautifully in real life, which for some reason my phone camera just does not seem to be able to capture in print. Ah well.



Materials used:

  • stamps - Enjoy Life
  • card - whisper white, basic black, Sahara sand
  • other - distress oxide inks, blender tool, water spritzer, Stamparatus, shimmer mist, mounting tape

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kez

1 comment:

Rob I said...

As you said, "mentally deranging" but wow the rabbit hole has bought out another forte in your craft/art abilities. Simple cards are looking good. Pity the shimmer is missing on the photo, will drool over it when I see it in real life