Thursday, February 23, 2017

Sale-a-brating

At our next class we're using Sale-a-bration freebies.

Occasionally I make a card I love so much I don't want to give it away - not to anyone. Today's first card is such a one; it just makes me feel happy every time I look at it, so why would I want to lose that? Of course, it's a nice feeling to give to someone else, so I can see I'm just going to have make more of these!

Here tis:

I guess some of my enthusiasm is because we have chickens - the puffy-headed type like the lady at the back - so I can relate to these gals. The bright cheerful colours help too. The gals were coloured using SU's new watercolour pencils and I got the colour scheme from casing Juana Ambida. For the grass I did a watercolour wash first using old olive ink, then once it was dry, overstamped using a grass stamp. The chickens were all stamped and coloured on watercolour paper then cut out individually and added afterwards, though you could use the masking technique too. On my daffodil delight base card I sponged sun rays using crushed curry ink and it lifted the plain background so much I was thrilled with the result.

Materials used:

  • stamps - Hey Chick, Thoughtful Branches
  • card - daffodil delight, watercolour, Bermuda bay, basic black
  • other - large oval and scalloped oval punches, Dimensionals, watercolour pencils, aquapainter, MFT stencil, sponge dauber

Ever since I got the Tasty Trucks stamp set I've been dying to make a fun card, so I finally got around to it. My ladies know I love puns (I crack them quite often in class), so I was virtually compelled to use the taco theme for the punny sentiment alone! I basically cased a card by Lyssa Zwolanek, but added a couple of twists of my own - the zig zag embossing and 3D elements (the truck is in three layers). 


Materials used:
  • stamps - Tasty Trucks
  • card - Pacific point, melon mambo, daffodil delight, watercolour
  • other - pumpkin pie grosgrain ribbon (retired), watercolour pencils, aquapainter, Dimensionals, chevron embossing folder (retired), Big Shot, mini glue dot, candy dots, foam adhesive strips

And last but by no means least, we'll be making a card using the Inside the Pages designer series paper. When I first saw these in the SAB leaflet I glossed right over them - until I started seeing some beautiful images showing up on Pinterest and wondered where they'd come from! I should have known SU wouldn't fail to amaze me.


Materials used:
  • card - Inside the Pages dsp, basic black, flirty flamingo
  • other - ink pads, aquapainter, Dimensionals, markers, Wink of Stella

Hopefully my ladies will love these as much as I do.

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kez

No comments: