Friday, November 11, 2016

Wonderful Christmas

I happened upon the Global Design Project blog and was intrigued by their colour challenge for this week.


I love the colours but a design that suited them didn't immediately spring to mind. Then, as luck would have it, I had an idea for a slightly non traditional Christmas card. I was reasonably sure that emerald and sugarplum would stand out nicely against a black background, so after pondering on it for a day or two, this morning I sat down and made the card I had in mind.

Here tis:


After cutting and scoring the flower petals I gave them a coat of Wink of Stella for some sparkle, which looks beautiful when it catches the light and is complemented by the rhinestones.


Materials used:

  • stamps - Wondrous Wreath, Gorgeous Grunge
  • card - basic black, whisper white, emerald envy, sweet sugarplum
  • other - poinsettia dies (Spellbinders), Pretty Pines thinlits, rhinestones, Wink of Stella, Big Shot, white embossing powder, heat tool, Dimensionals, embossing buddy, stitched framelits

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kez

1 comment:

Jess said...

Really beautiful Kerry! I love your take on this week's colour palette! Thanks so much for joining in with this week's Global Design Project. Have a wonderful day!