Thursday, February 19, 2015

Essence of Love

I had such fun making today's card!


Inspired by the gorgeous work of Cilou from France, I made four layers for the main image, each one slightly different.

I stamped and coloured the image on my base layer of very vanilla, then stamped and coloured another three layers. This is how they were cut:


Materials used:
  • stamps - Love is Kindness
  • card - calypso coral, basic black, wild wasabi, very vanilla, Typeset dsp
  • inks - crisp cantaloupe, calypso coral, Sahara sand, wild wasabi
  • other - blender pen, Dimensionals, woodgrain embossing folder, Big Shot, sponge dauber, distressing tool, pearls, Sahara sand lace trim, crisp cantaloupe thick bakers twine

I think my ladies might quite like to make this one in class next month. They loooooove colouring and fussy cutting! 

This card is being entered into the Fusion Card Challenge. I've taken three aspects from the inspiration photo - the flowers, the woodgrain floor and the colour orange (which I switched to it's close cousin, coral).

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

4 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Your layering of the design really brings it to life ... and your coloring is perfection ... so very glad you joined us at Fusion Card Challenge.

Jeanne J. said...

Gorgeous tulips, and I'm lovin that close up that shows all the yummy layers. Thanks for showing how. Great way to make a flat image extraordinary!

Diane said...

Oh, wonderful dimensions and beautiful design.

Hugs Diane

Michelle Lupton said...

Love it! Thanks so much for joining us at Fusion Challenge :)