Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Book Nerd

My "baby" DD turns 16 on Thursday and so the pressure was on today (my only day off in the week) to make a card. As part of her present is a gift card to her favourite book store, I decided to incorporate a gift card holder pocket into an easel card.

I am quite happy with how it turned out and can safely show it to you as she doesn't read my blog:


The images are coloured using Stampin' Up!'s new Blendabilities alcohol markers - which quite fortuitously arrived on my doorstep this morning! These are only available in select colours to demonstrators at the moment, but you won't have too long to wait! What I love about them is (a) they match card, ink, ribbon, etc (gotta LOVE that) and (b) they are formulated to work on whisper white card stock, so I don't have to buy special card for them, yay. I also coloured the three rhinestones with a blendabilities pen.

Materials used:

  • card - old olive, whisper white, daffodil delight, retired old olive patterned paper
  • other - oval framelits, Big Shot, dimensionals, rhinestones, sticky strip, sponge dauber
  • blendabilities - skin tones, light and medium daffodil delight, light, medium and dark pumpkin pie, light and medium old olive, bronze
  • non SU - stamps, gift card

Only two more weeks until the mid-semester break and I am looking forward to getting serious about some card making!

Thanks for dropping by.

Cheers
Kez

2 comments:

Lynda said...

Sooooooo jealous you landed the Skin tone Blendies Kez. Man-o-man...16 already....time has surely flown!!! Love the card to bits. ooxx

Margaret said...

This is such a perfect card for her and an awesome design for giving a gift card! Love it!