Friday, January 3, 2014

Miss You Already

Last night DD15 left on a school trip to France, Belgium and England for 24 days. Right now she is en route to Paris from a short stopover in Dubai and I am already missing her like crazy!

The house seems very quiet and I had a lousy night's sleep wondering how the long flight was going. It's quite common for insulin pumps to be affected by high altitudes apparently and so I was worrying if her BGL levels would rise very high and how she would be coping and feeling … you know, standard mum worrying stuff!

Through the beauty of modern technology and an app called FlightRadar24, we could watch her flight progress and actually see a "plane's-eye" view of her landing in Dubai earlier today. Isn't technology amazing?

Here's a photo of her with her baggage all ready to go off to the airport:


Anyway, I was inspired to make a card. Not for her exactly, as I obviously can't give it to her, but just as a way of expressing myself. I used MDS for the main sentiment panel and of course you will realise why I put an Eiffel Tower in there (she's visiting that later today, Paris time).


Materials used:

  • stamps - Artistic Etchings, Really Good Greetings (both MDS)
  • card - whisper white, cherry cobbler, crushed curry, smoky slate, various dsp
  • other - Big Shot, Chalk Talk framelits, crushed curry chevron ribbon, cherry cobbler baker's twine, 3 heart punch, dimensionals, rhinestones, chevron embossing folder

Hopefully we'll hear from her in a day or two if she can spare a few minutes from all the exciting activities they'll be doing! Meanwhile, thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Your sweet card is so pretty! I'm sure your daughter is having a wonderful time, even if it makes her mama worry!

Unknown said...

Love your card. I love your mix of sets and papers. Well done!