Saturday, January 11, 2014

Birthday Blooms

The heat is back today and I think I'll be popping in the pool before long! It's quite humid and I'm hot even under the fan.

But earlier I was in my craft room and had the urge to make a floral card. I really wanted to use the lovely Stippled Blossoms set and was looking for a colour combination that's a bit different, so this is what I ended up with:


The ribbon is very vanilla seam binding which I coloured with my wisteria wonder ink pad. It came up pretty dark, surprisingly, but I think it really pops and also goes well with the sentiment (which is actually elegant eggplant!). The flowers are crisp cantaloupe and calypso coral, with pear pizzazz and wild wasabi for the leaves.

Materials used:

  • stamps - Stippled Blossoms, Wetlands
  • card - wisteria wonder, very vanilla, wisteria wonder patterned paper
  • other - doily, seam binding, circles framelits, Big Shot, dimensionals, hot glue gun, bow tying machine, stamp-a-ma-jig

We've had a few emails from DD15, enjoying the cool weather and sights in Europe. She had a great time in Paris and a few days in Belgium, but today they are heading over the Channel to London - so I hope to goodness the storms have abated! Luckily she has good sea legs! No photos yet, unfortunately.

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kez

2 comments:

Paula Dobson said...

Wow, that ribbon did come up dark, but I think it adds a lovely contrast. Such a pretty B'day card with one of my favourite floral sets ♥

Patrice said...

Lovely! The ribbon looks fabulous and I love the colour combo you went with.