Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Poppy Party

As I was a good girl yesterday and got my assignment work finished by lunchtime, I decided I was allowed to make a card. I was drawn to one of my favourite colour combos; pool party, white and black. Sooo elegant.


I stamped the poppies with Versamark and embossed with white, then painted the poppies with an aquapainter and whisper white ink, watered down slightly, to create a "base coat" that I could add colour to. Once that was dry (which didn't take long as I had the heater going in my craft room against the chill) I coloured using a blender pen.

Materials used:
  • stamps - Pleasant Poppies
  • card - pool party, basic black
  • inks - pool party, whisper white, island indigo
  • other - dimensionals, white embossing powder, heat tool, embossing buddy, scallop dotted ribbon, blender pen, aquapainter

Having made that one I was keen to try out another and I have to say that I absolutely LOVE how this one turned out:


Materials used:
  • stamps - Pleasant Poppies
  • card - crumb cake, whisper white, primrose petals
  • inks - whisper white, primrose petals, cherry cobbler, old olive
  • other - dimensionals, white embossing powder, heat tool, embossing buddy, blender pen, aquapainter, crumb cake seam binding, vintage faceted button, cherry cobbler bakers twine

Those poppies sure are addictive - as is this technique. Maybe for next month's class ... 

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kez

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful.