Friday, November 2, 2012

Caffeine Tones


It's a coffee-lover's dream over at Color Me Beautiful, with these caffeine tones as our inspiration for this week's challenge! 

I decided to go with a sepia-toned Christmas card and managed to use four of the five colours.

Here's my card - if you click on the photo you can see the sparkle better:




I masked off my ground area for the snowdrifts before I stamped the trees in soft suede and Sahara sand. The sky was sponged with river rock and soft suede and I used suede again for the ground. When everything was dry I inked the whole area with Versamark and added iridescent ice embossing powder to give a winter sparkle! It looks totally GOR-JUSS in real life! And did you notice? I used a button again! LOL

Materials used:
  • stamps - Lovely as a Tree, Many Merry Messages (retired)
  • card - confetti cream, very vanilla, early espresso
  • other - iridescent ice embossing powder, heat tool, satin ribbon, vintage faceted button, embroidery thread, sticky strip, mounting tape, markers

Click on the link to the challenge blog to see what the other design team members have come up with to inspire you (from 5 am Sth Carolina time or 7 pm AEDST), and while you're there we'd love you to join in the challenge and create a project using this week's colours.

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kez

Edited to add: I have had a few requests both here and on other sites on how to do the snow on this card.  I will video the technique for you and add it here asap. Thanks so much for your interest!

Further edit: The video tutorial is now uploaded to Dropbox and you can get the link here.


14 comments:

Alyssa said...

This card is absolutely stunning. I love it. It looks like this must've taken a very long time to create. The recipient of this card should frame it for a wonderful winter decoration to be appreciated every year! Thanks so much for sharing the details!

Kelly Acheson said...

I curious to know how you made the snow at the bottom of the trees? It's just gorgeous!!!

kat said...

Yes, I, too, would like to know how you made your snow drift; please tell us! It's gorgeous and so fluffy looking!

Lynda said...

Totes GOR-JUSSSSSSSS Kez. Magical beyond words. I look v much fwd to seeing how the snow drift is done. I am a massive fan of LAAT stamp set....so much can be done with it!!! The bling is the perfect finishing touch. ooxx

Cherie said...

Wow! Your card is stunningly beautiful! Can't wait to see your video! Thanks so much for sharing!

Heather Klump said...

WoW!! This is SO Pretty Kerry! Love the Snow drift..Awe inspiring to say the least! :)

DD20 said...

Looooove this card. Everything about it is gorgeous. Dibs it for my Christmas card this year!! :-P

Margaret said...

Just had to come and get another look at that gorgeous snow!!
It's amazing how we all used the same colors and ended up with so many different styles!

Kathryn Brennan said...

Totally beautiful. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous creation.

Audrey said...

WOW! This project is incredible!! I can't wait to see the video. It is absolutely gorgeous! It is so elegant! Wow! Wow! Wow!

Mary said...

Absolutely beautiful.
Mary

Christine Alward said...

Thanks for showing this amazing card. I would really like to know how you did the snow drifts. I will keep my eyes open for the video. Great job!

Kim Tonnet said...

Oh my Kez. Fan-bloody-tastic. You are a paper craft superstar. Well done chick.

Anonymous said...

What a stunning card! Thanks so much for the fabulous tutorial, so easy to follow, will have to CASE your lovely card. Cheers Donna :)