Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Owl Over It

My good mate Rob is having a birthday soon and as she always makes me the most amazing cards I really felt the pressure! After churning a few different ideas over in my head I finally decided to go with a pun and some owls!

Here's my creation:


And on the inside:


Ha ha. I think she'll like it as she knows how nutty my sense of humour can be!

Materials used:
  • stamps - Crazy for Cupcakes
  • card - island indigo, whisper white, crumb cake, calypso coral, basic black, Sweet Shop dsp, Attic Boutique dsp, 
  • other - owl punch, dimensionals, 35mm circle punch, scallop oval punch, computer and printer

My gift for her is another example of my whacked sense of humour. I have been raving for years about the gorgeous macarons we get in Melbourne when we are visiting DD20 and when DD came home for these holidays, I got her to bring some so Rob could finally taste them. Of course I was then blamed for making her addicted to something else! LOL. So my gift for her is some macarons - bath bombs that is! They look soooooo like the real thing and they are so cleverly done - the "icing" in between the biscuits is actually individually wrapped soap!


Hopefully I'll survive handing these over and be back soon with more cards!

Thanks for dropping by.

Cheers
Kez


5 comments:

Meg Crawford said...

I love all of your owl cards, Kerry!

Lynda said...

Rob will go NUTS for this Kez. I love your owls and the sentiments are too cute. The bath bombs ROCK (or fizz and bubble). I'll take your word for it that macaroons taste great. ooxx

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Hi Kerry,
This owl card had me smiling and grinning. Can't wait to CASE this idea.

marilync said...

Whoo doesn't love owls. Great card

Anonymous said...

Wow! Love it Kerry
Sam Wilson