Thursday, May 3, 2012

Cutie Patooties

Oh my goodness, it's May already! I've been rather inundated lately with marking and lesson preparation for my daytime job, classes and workshops too (more fun than the other!) and I have also been working my butt off getting everything finalised for the craft show this weekend. It's my very first time trying to sell my cards at a craft show and I am crossing my fingers that people buy them cos I sure don't want them all back again, lol!

Here's a photo of my stall all set up and ready for opening night (Friday).


So if you are heading up to the Blue Mountains at the weekend, make sure to call in to the Artfest and buy some of my cards, lol.

Now, if you are like me and you stalk the blogs of some of the US demos, you will have seen the ever-so-cute Petite Purse die that they are getting in their new catalogue, due out at the beginning of next month. I fell in love at first sight and just HAD to ask the rellies to buy me one and send it over. I couldn't possibly wait to see if we will get it in our new catty - shucks, that's MONTHS away! Who can wait that long?

Here are the adorable little purses I have made so far:


This one is in daffodil delight and basic black with a vintage brad and stamping with Elements of Style.


This one uses some gorgeous flocked Christmas papers from last year and I added a wooden corner piece from Melissa Frances.


Island Indigo with white and red - gorgeous colour combo. DSP is Twitterpated.


No little girl could resist this one - glitter card in pale pink with pearls and butterflies.



Embossed wisteria wonder paper from Sweet Shop dsp in the mini catty with a matching jelly bean brad.


Aren't they cutie patootie?

They are super easy and quick to make and some very clever peeps over in the States have made some wonderfully creative versions, so I'll be giving some of those a try real soon. Meanwhile, I'll just make you all jealous (LOL) and hope to goodness that this die comes to our shores in September.

Thanks for dropping by.

Cheers
Kez

6 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Kez, your stand looks FABULOUS!!! Love the bunting above your "Kerry Bunting" sign. Very elegant set-up. Oh so much cuteness in those little bags .. looks like you've had a heap of fun making them!

Karen said...

Love you table setting Kerry and good luck with the stall.

Sue Dean said...

Looks great Kez! Hope it goes well and you come home empty handed. Love the little purses and can't wait for us to get it here!

Rob I said...

OMG - this is a drool post - those purses are just the cutest, looooove the glitter one and the others are just delicious. Your table for artfest is just so awesome. hope you sell all of it

Lynda said...

I so hope we get the petite purse here. I hope your stall is a raging success Kerry. It looks so wonderful and your cards are always breathtaking. You deserve success. ooxx

Robyn P said...

Your stand looks lovely. Hope the day went well and you sold everything. Looking forward to news about how the craft fair went (hint hint)