Sunday, March 18, 2012

Kid's Punch Art

I've been making kids cards again and for these ones focusing on bright, primary colours - not my usual cup of tea at all! You'll need your sunnies on for looking at them, be warned!

Firstly I cased Marelle's wonderful Lego card:


Then I had a go at a punch art clown and added in some bright pennants as well:


A couple of Sesame Street characters make an appearance next:


And lastly I just had to have a go at Angry Birds! I'm sure you've seen plenty of these around.


What do you think, bright enough? Hope your eyeballs are OK! I won't list all the punches but if you want the "recipe" for a particular card, just send me an email (the link is over on the right under Contact Me).

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

Edited to add: I have had a lot of people ask for the "recipe" for the angry birds card, so here are the SU punches I used:
Body – 1 3/8” circle
Eyes – owl and 1/2” circle
Eyebrows – horizontal slot
Beak – star (cut down to suit)
Tail feathers – boho blossoms
Head feathers – five petal flower
Slingshot – word window

The grass is a Martha Stewart punch.

14 comments:

Rita L said...

Hi Kez,
These are wonderfully bright and so fun for kids. Congratulations on your creativity.
Rita L

Lynda said...

Kerry....all of these are magical and wld make any child's b'day more special. LURVE the angry bird!! The clown is also a fave. Did you put CE on the wee lego dots??? It looks so good. Brilliant cards...as usual darl. ooxx

Anonymous said...

Love these bright and cheery cards. Can't decide on a fave as they are all fabo! Although the angry bird made ,me larf!!!! Cheers Donna Zammit

annie (lana member) said...

Love them all you are really clever

Sam said...

Fabulous punch art cards Kez. I especially love your clown, and angry bird cards....so cute!

Gayle said...

You made my day with these wonderful punch art characters! I have a grandchild to fit each one of these darling cards! Thanks for the inspiration.

Moira said...

Your blog is very inspiring, bravo!

Ms said...

wowsers, I really love the Lego card.... I know the perfect little boy for this card... ty for sharing your creativity

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Becky Green said...

WOOOOW!!!!!!!! YOU'RE SOOOOOO GOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!! Thanks for showing us!!!!!!!!!! :)

Rob I said...

Lots and lots of colour, how inspiring. Still dont understand angry birds but like the card. The Lego one is my favourite - how long did it take to do??

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Really great job!! I keep saying I'm going to do some leggo cards, and just haven't yet. Your clown is even cute, and I don't care much for clowns.

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Love these cards!! So bright and cheery.

Charmane P said...

I would really like the Sesame Street characters card instructions. my email address is
charstwins@yahoo.com. I couldn't find the "comment me".
Thanks so much.