Monday, January 30, 2012

NSU Sisters

It's been over a week since I posted and I've been getting antsy, but hey I had to have something to show ya, huh? There's been a lot going on around here but I finally got the chance to sit at my craft desk.

In the mood for watercolouring, I got out my Magnolias and created a soft, sweet card dedicated to my two darling daughters. Although there are six years between them they get on really well and enjoy spending time together, even arranging "sisterly bonding" sessions where mother is excluded (usually banned to the craft room, which is certainly not a hardship!). They often share clothes, shoes and makeup - first up, best dressed! - and go out together to such varied events as a Shakespeare play or a rock concert. Both of them love to hear stories about themselves when they were little and we all enjoy a giggle at some of the funny and endearing traits they had then!


Materials used:
  • stamps - Tildas by Magnolia, sentiment from Papertrey Ink
  • card - pool party, island indigo, whisper white and watercolour from SU
  • papers - Grace Taylor by Grant Archival
  • inks - pretty in pink, blush blossom, so saffron, wisteria wonder, pool party, close to cocoa, sahara sand and island indigo by SU, black StazOn
  • other - doily lace punch from Martha Stewart, island indigo ruffled ribbon and dimensionals by SU, hat pin and heart charm from LSS, nestabilities dies, white gel pen

On my second card I've used "Tilda needs a hug" and she is sooooooo sweet! The colour combo is my fav black and vanilla with yellow to brighten it up. And just for something different, I added real ribbon knots in her hair!



Materials used:
  • stamps - Magnolia Tilda, Field Flowers by SU (sentiment)
  • card - basic black, daffodil delight, watercolour, very vanilla, Love Letters DSP (retired)
  • other - nestabilities dies, daffodil delight grosgrain and taffeta ribbons, aquapainter, dimensionals, decorative label punch

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kez

3 comments:

Rob I said...

Im drooling over your watercolouring. LOVE Tilda with black white and yellow.
gorjuss, gorjuss, gorjuss.

Anonymous said...

Kez, they are just gorgeous, Tilda needs a hug is such a bright cheerful card and real ribbons in her hair looks brilliant! Helen Cooke

Lynda said...

I am with Rob....ur colouring is da bomb g'friend....I love it. I knowing know a little of ur gals, but I think the 1st card reflectrs them so v v well!! Even the wee hatpin and heart charm...too cute. Miss yellow tilday is delish. Stunning darl...so well done!!! ooxx