Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Teenage Funk

At the complete opposite end of the ambience spectrum to my last post is today's card, a teenage birthday. The mood took me for bright and funky, so I went with it - I don't create nearly enough teenage cards to keep up with all my daughters' friends!

I had been eyeing the Extreme Guitar stamp for quite a long time and was finally galvanised into action when it went on the retirement list, so here is my first card using both it and the Extreme Elements background set.


Materials used:
  • stamps - Extreme Elements, Extreme Guitar (retired)
  • card - tempting turquoise, whisper white, melon mambo, basic black, rich razzleberry
  • other - basic black craft ink, clear embossing powder, heat tool, basic black satin ribbon, lace ribbon border punch, dimensionals, dazzling diamonds, two way glue pen, square lattice EF, non SU circle dies

It's much more vibrant IRL, as you can imagine from those colours! DD13 loves it and claims she wouldn't want to give this one away to her friends, so I have to make some more exactly the same! As the sparkly stars were her idea and certainly help make the card "pop", I guess I might have to go along with that one, LOL!

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

OH WOW certainly is funky and perfect for a teenager!!!
xx

Lynda said...

Woo hoo (finally) got here. Been a big week. This is v v funky cool Bunting women. LOVE it. I have not tried the feminine version with this set yet. OI love the colour Palate and the glossy guitarist. Mega effort and well done by you both!! ooxx