Sunday, April 10, 2011

Twisted Easel

I've seen a few twisted easel cards around which looked kinda interesting, so I thought I'd have a go. Gotta say I think I prefer the regular ones but it was fun trying it out. This card actually started off as part of another project but it got rejected for being way too big for my focal image and as I didn't want it to go to waste, I recycled it into this!

Here it is closed:

And open:

The image was stamped twice - once on the whisper white circle and once on watercolour paper, which was coloured with inks and markers, then meticulously cut out and stuck over the top. Gives it a nice 3D effect which probably doesn't show in the photo. Anyway, there it is, my first and probably only twisted easel card! Thanks for all those who voted on the SU/non SU question and hope you enjoy an occasional peek at my other cards!

Materials used:
  • stamps - Sugar Nellie, Stampin' Up!
  • card - peach parfait, so saffron, Baja breeze, whisper white
  • paper - so saffron patterned (retired), peach parfait patterned (hostess), watercolour paper
  • other - decorative label punch, nestabilities die, dimensionals, Baja breeze seam binding, pumpkin pie grosgrain 6mm ribbon
Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kez

2 comments:

Lynda said...

You know how much I love this image Kerry...I still have the one you made for me!! She looks devine in yellows. I have been a wee iffy abt the twisted easel cards too, but I love ur version heaps. Fantastic card darl. ooxx

Carla said...

I love your twisted easel card and your image is fabulously colored!! Hugs,