Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Ornamental Part 1

Woohoo! Our SU team has just had a Stamp Camp in the Hunter Valley so I had a couple of days away doing some "craft therapy" with friends. We had a ball and I'll be sharing some of the goodies I made and maybe a photo or two.

I was asked to do one of the presentations and chose to showcase another punch in a similar way to what I did for our Autumn mini blog hop (see here if you missed it). We are all hopeful that the ORNAMENT PUNCH (which I am lucky enough to have) will make an appearance in our new catalogue in September, so I thought I would show some of the fun ways of using it that I have seen on many overseas blogs.

As you know, I am a sucker for cute critters, so I love these three cards. Firstly, an adorable love skunk:

So cute! That card was cased but I apologise for losing the name of the original artist. (Edited to add: I found it! Cased from Cindy Lawrence. Thanks Cindy!) Next are some friendly fish:

And another of Gretchen Barron's gorgeous Garden Giggles critters, this time Barnaby Bee:

The ornament punch also makes a great vase for flowers, including tulips made from the bird punch:

Acorns that grow into mighty oaks can also come from ornaments:

Babies in nappies are no problem for the ornament punch!

And there are a number of versions of roses or camellias made with this punch too. This one I have posted before, but it's worth another look:

I'll be back tomorrow with some more ways to use this great punch for Christmas themed items.

Cheers
Kez

3 comments:

Lynda said...

Wowsers Kez...I so want some of ur creativity!! These cards ROCK beyond all that I currently know!! The baby is too cute and my head is buzzing with possibilities already!! The bee is devine and the skunk...well it's just too much. Fingers crossed our wishes go to the SU angels! ooxx

Liam said...

I will have to try some of these ideas out. I especially love the skunk.

Liam

Sue Dean said...

Guess what punch will be the most popular in the new catty and can you imagine the riot if we didn't get it. These are all just so Cuuute!