Saturday, July 10, 2010

Asian Artistry

While I was rummaging around in my stash of papers, I came across some lovely vibrant Japanese papers that I've had for quite some time, so I decided to team them up with the Level 2 hostess set, Asian Artistry.

Here's the first one, with gorgeous tones of yellow, orange, red and purple:


For this one I stamped the flower in Versamark and gold embossed it, then coloured it in soft suede and tangerine tango using a blender pen.

The second features lush blue, burgundy and cream.


Once again I stamped and gold embossed, this time on to watercolour paper so I could get more control of the shading of the blue on the bird . I used brilliant blue - my first time ever using this colour, I think! - and added a touch of bravo burgundy. The sponging and matting is also bravo burgundy. The background of the card has been stamped with the sanded background stamp using gold ink. It doesn't show in the photo, but it gives fine ribbons of gold and when it catches the light it sparkles and looks lovely!

That's my Asian artistry for today; hope you like them! Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kez

3 comments:

Kathryn Brennan said...

Beautiful cards. Really love the layout and colours of the first one.

Lynda said...

What is not to LOVE Kez!!! I love these Japanese papers and adding this set is FAB. The 1st one reminds me of one of those Japanese screens. So vibrant and rich. Once again I am in awe of you darl. ooxx

Heather T said...

Those papers are gorgeous and you chose the perfect images to show them off.