Sunday, June 13, 2010

Inspired by Endings

I've been having a play with Inspired by Nature today and tried it in a couple of colour-ways.

Firstly I used Bordering Blue and Brocade Blue (both of which are being retired, sadly) with some Always Artichoke. I also felt compelled to add the gorgeous butterfly from All a Flutter - which I had resisted buying until I made some cards with it at Teneale's, and the rest, as they say, was history. Thanks Teneale! I used the plastic bag technique to add texture and I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.

I love this colour combo, it is so soft. I did, however, have to add an extra layer of Brocade Blue at the top of the flower as there wasn't enough contrast between the two shades.

Then I tried it in Bravo Burgundy (a colour I hardly ever use) with Regal Rose. I didn't do the texture on the leaves and stems, only on the flowers themselves.

The bottom layer of flowers - with just straight marker - didn't look too great, I must admit, and I wasn't very keen. But once the plastic bag texture was added to the top layer, it improved it no end, softening the colours and blending them together more, so I am happy with it in the end!

Sorry about dark photos - there's not much light left here now. Joys of winter.

Hope you have been inspired to create something today. Have a great weekend.

Cheers
Kez

4 comments:

Juliette Chapman said...

As usual Kerry - too good!!! This is a stamp set I don't currently own but if it makes it into the next catty I will definitely be getting it. TFS

Lynda said...

You and Andrea (EnchantINK) shd form a union!!! She is going NUTS over this b'fly too. I agree with Juliette in that it is a set I like, but do not posses. I think the plastic bag techy is magical and adds a wonderful depth and texture to the image. Awesome job Kez (as usual) ooxx

Bec said...

Oh Kez, i really love these 2 cards.. Bec xx

Teneale said...

Kerry your killing me with pretty cards.... I LOVE EVERYTHING and is making me want to stop what I am doing and stamp like you.

Ten