Thursday, April 15, 2010

I've Updated My Colours

I'm really on a purple kick at the moment - I've even had a wall painted purple!

You see, my dear SIL offered to paint my lounge for me as my birthday present (she knew how badly it was in need) and I have learned over the years NEVER to look a gift horse in the mouth, so I said YES PLEASE! The old colour was yellow and it's now cream on 3 walls and a feature wall in purple, with matching purple curtains. Quite a change and DH's initial reaction was "Oh my Gosh!" (or something thereabouts, LOL!!!)

Here's a quick squiz:
You will note the perfect matching of the colours on curtains and wall, as I am a real matchy matchy girl! I would describe the colour as a cross between perfect plum and rich razzleberry!

Stampin' Up! have had a bit of a colour overhaul too, and as from 1st July in the US and 1st September here, we will have 4 revamped colour collections to replace our current colour families.
Here are the new colour collections

They look fresh and appealing to me, so I am very excited about new colour combinations! These are the colours we will be losing:A couple of favourites in there will be missed, but at least I've got tons of time to stock up.

The great news is
  • rich razzleberry, melon mambo, soft suede, pink pirouette, riding hood red, tangerine tango, baja breeze and pacific point are becoming permanent core colours
  • we are getting 5 new permanent core colours - cherry cobbler, marina mist, cajun craze, daffodil delight and early espresso
  • river rock and wild wasabi will be back as permanent core colours too
  • each year we will get 5 new in colours
  • in colours will stay around for TWO years instead of one, meaning that apart from this year, we will have 10 in colours each year!

Well! Big colour changes all round! No doubt you'll hear more about the new collections as the months go by but meanwhile enjoy the great selection you have at the moment.

Cheers

Kez

1 comment:

Lynda said...

LURVE the new do darl. So does this mean the So Saffron walls that u have been staring at for years have now gone?? beautiful space tho. V cosy. ooxx