Monday, April 12, 2010

Friendship Purse Album

One of my workshops this week is for a group of young ladies and the hostess chose to make a mini scrapbook purse album using the new Cottage Wall designer papers and with Friendship as the theme.

So I decided to revamp the purse design a little from the Carousel Notes purse albums I made here and here. For the new shape flap I've used a nestabilities die (I know I should be using the Top Note die, but I like the variety of sizes that nesties offer which the TND doesn't. Sorry SU.) and I have repeated this shape inside the album as well.

I made a scallop punch flower from designer paper as the main feature on the front and my Friendly Words wheel to introduce the theme of the album.

Inside I have used Vintage Vogue stamp set and Friendly Words again - this time, one I removed from the wheel, cut up into individual stamps and mounted on Ezymount foam. This makes them cling to acrylic blocks, just like the new clear mount stamps. The old olive pieces you see are matting for photos.

I am lucky enough to already own the markers which match our three new in colours, so I was able to use rich razzleberry as well as orchid opulence for the flowers on these sections. You will be able to buy the RR marker too after 1st September!

The shape behind this sentiment is one of the new dies from the set called Lots of Tags.
And inside the envelope pockets I have used more of the nesties shapes, rather than scallop circles, to bring continuity. More photos get placed on these pull outs. The envelopes I used are 13 cm square, so that gives you an idea of the size of this album.

I certainly seem to be making alot of purple projects lately; practically all of my customers love purple, so it's very much in demand at the moment! No doubt you will be seeing some more in the future ...!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a very purple day!

Cheers
Kez

5 comments:

Teneale said...

WOW Kerry....just lovely and very clever.

Liam said...

Beautiful work kerry

Love it to bits. Can I have that one. lol. liam

Juliette Chapman said...

Kerry this is gorgeous - like everything you do. I have a couple of customers who would love to make something like this. Mmmm do love Cottage Wall...

Lynda said...

I love your purple run....please don't stop!!! I totally hear you on the TND vs Nesties...and I have the Nesties for the very same reason!! The bag is just too cute and I can only imagine the fun that was had with making them. Thx also for the heads up on the RR marker...woo hoo!!!! (yet another thing on the wishlist!! LOL. Awesome project. ooxx

Lisa Martin said...

Im a new HUGE fan! Love your work - gorgeous!