Saturday, November 7, 2009

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

One of my dreams in life is to go somewhere in the northern hemisphere and have a white Christmas. Not that I'm big into snow and cold, but I just love the whole "package" that seems to come with a wintery Christmas. This card was inspired by that ideal and the colouring I chose came from the beautiful ribbon I picked up at our local $2 shop.

I've used the pine tree from Lovely as a Tree and embossed it in silver. Then I added some puff paint to make snow sitting on the branches and at the base of the tree. I sponged the edges of the night of navy cardstock with whisper white ink and I love this effect! The white card behind the image was embossed with snowflake shapes and mounted on silver, and my sentiment comes from the wonderful hostess set, Best Yet.

Created by Kez. Stamped images © 1990-2009 Stampin' Up! ®

Hope you like it! Thanks for dropping in.

Cheers
Kez

2 comments:

Lynda said...

Indeed I do like it Kez. I am a sucker for anything with a bit of C'bugging...but the rest of the card is FAb too ;)!! The sponged white ink in the navy card is a beautiful effect and gives it a 'Doris Day" kinda feel. Gotta love those $2 shop ribbons dontcha!!!

Cheryl said...

Stunning Kez,love the silver embossed tree.......very classy!!!
xx