Sunday, October 4, 2009

Shocked Bejeezers

Marelle's challenge this month is to make a card with no stamping. Yup, you read right, NO stamping! OMG! What is an obsessive compulsive stamper to do? Breath, breath!!!!

So, I expected this to be a very difficult challenge for me ... but you know, in the end, it wasn't. Yeah, shocked the bejeezers out of me too! I was browsing through my stash of designer papers (and let me tell you, that is some stash!) and I came across a page with a pink flamingo and a bird sitting on its back. Quite different to my usual style and I'm not a huge lover of cameo coral but ... well ... for some reason it appealed to me. So I looked for a rub on to go with it and ended up with a card! And of course, most amazing of all is that I've used a Bold Bright!!! (he he)

Here's my entry:


Materials used (all SU):

  • stamps - not a single jolly one!
  • card - cameo coral, tempting turquoise, whisper white
  • paper - Pink Flamingo DSP
  • rub 0n - a retired one, lovey-dovey, have lost the packet and can't remember the name
  • other - wide oval punch, tempting turquoise grosgrain ribbon, soft subtles brad, dimensionals

I had such fun making this card that you never know, I might just be tempted to have a go at another stampless card before the end of the month ...! Yikes! what am I saying????!!!!!

Seez ya!

Kez

5 comments:

Lynda said...

Please forgive any spelling mistakes with this comment cause I'm typing with my sunnies on!!!! LOL!!! Man that's a bright one Kez. I did have a wee chuckle as my old school...Cheltenham Girls...our uniform was pink with blue soc and we were sometimes referred to as the pink flammingos!!! The card certainly pops..and the use of TT breaks down the pink factor. Again....getting outa ur confort zone darl...I see a pattern forming!! ooxx

Karen said...

Hi Kez, I am a first time visitor to your blog and absolutely love it!! I think your card for Marelle's challenge is just gorgeous. Thank you for placing a comment on my entry. Muchly appreciated. Karen.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Oooh ... not my kinda usual style or colours either ... but this really caught my eye! I think it is FAB!!! Amazing even!!! Hugs, Andrea L

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

PS ... my first time to your blog, too!!! Off to have a better look!

Marelle Taylor said...

I don't know how on earth you made this paper look good, but you have!
Thanks for entering my chllenge Kerry!