Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Bloomin'

I mentioned on Sunday's post that Bloomin' with Beauty is one of my fav sets, so while I had it out I just had to make another card. Tried a new colour combo for this one, which I am quite happy with (and it has DD17's approval too!).

Created by Kez. Stamped images © 1990-2009 Stampin' Up! ®

I stamped the Sanded background stamp on the crushed curry first, then overstamped with the blossom definition stamp in old olive. I couldn't be bothered using my Stamp-a-ma-jig, so I am pretty pleased with how almost straight I got the writing! (Mind you, you can't see the boo boo I've hidden behind the bee! LOL!) Sponged the edge with old olive too, then mounted it on very vanilla and old olive base. The flower is stamped on watercolour paper and coloured with melon mambo, crushed curry and old olive; the bee is crushed curry with a touch of soft suede on his legs and bermuda bay on the wings. Bloom is stamped in melon mambo. Shapes cut with nestabilities and circle punches.

That's it! Thanks for dropping in; hope you have a great day.

Cheers
Kez

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Love this combo Kez. The US are such lucky ducks!!! The card is bloomin' beautiful (doh.....ur humour is infectious....LOL). LURVE this set. Gotta real soft spot for it. ooxx