Monday, October 26, 2009

Bella Rose Birthday Easel

I have seen a few easel cards around on blogs and they look great, so I had a go at one. Sooooo easy and soooooooooooo much fun! I wanted to do a birthday theme using my new 'Yummy in your Tummy' Magnolia stamps and gingham is kitchen-y, so I picked the lovely Bella Rose papers. Haven't used these in a while, but they are so pretty and feminine and I think they suit Tilda perfectly.

I found instructions for a 4" square card, but increased it to 5" as I needed a little extra space for the size of my stamps. Tilda and the cake are coloured on watercolour paper; the flowers are Kaiser, organdy ribbon from my stash, and I finally got a chance to use some of those gorgeous corduroy buttons!

Here's the front:

And the inside looks like this:
And this is where the easel name comes from; it sits propped up like an easel:


Created by Kez. Stamped images ©Magnolia and © 1990-2009 Stampin' Up! ®
Now doesn't that look like fun? Try an easel card for yourself, they are easy to make and have a real wow factor!

Cheers
Kez

3 comments:

Lynda said...

These elements were MADE for eachother. I have seen a fair few of these easel cards about, however urs is the most stunning by far. The Bella Rose DSP and the devine Magnolia balance so v v well. Will take pride of place I am sure. Well done!!!

Cheryl said...

So beautiful,there is so much gorgeous detail and love the DP!!! Must have a go at one of these.
xx

Michelle Marchant said...

I love this Magnolia card.It looks very yummy.