Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Elegant Kiwi

No, not me! I am far from an elegant kiwi today; torn jeans and a scruffy T-shirt! LOL! No, I'm talking about the elegant eggplant/kiwi kiss combo that I mentioned the other day - the ladies at my class yesterday loved it too, so I thought I'd show you two cards made using the same colours. Warning though, one card contains non-SU stamps - beware!!!

This first card is the one that started it all: I was colouring the image (one of our Christmas stamp-a-stack cards this month, by special request) and decided to use purple for the king's robes. Then I thought I'd use it for the card base too, kind of a non traditional colour thing going on! I wasn't overly in love when I paired it with old olive (much as I lurve OO, you understand!) so tried Kiwi Kiss and ... ZING! Great combo!

Then I decided to see what else looked good in this combo and as one of my good friends LOVES purple, I had her in mind when I tried some purple roses.

Yup, I am really liking it! Are you sick of it yet? Maybe I can sneak in a few more .... LOL! So, why don't you try making a card with these colours and send me a photo - I'd love to see some of your creations. Go on, don't be shy, I don't bite! Honest!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

Cheers

Kez

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

They look fantastic,I wouldn't have picked that colour combo going so well together....and the rose looks beautiful!!!
xx

Liam said...

This is just amazing love the colours you chose to create it. Love all the stamp sets to do it. thanks for sharing will have to case this card.

Liam

Lynda said...

Fave one ie the rose one Kez. It's elegant and eloquent. The combo is definitely a sleeper, but you have given it a great wake up call. The Baroque flourish and the french script further add to this cards class.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kerry for a great afternoon. I loved making the Christmas stamp-a-stack cards. I don't have a favorite, "I like them all!!". Can't wait for what you have instore for us to do next month. Fil

Karyn I said...

what a gorgeous colour combination. I'm going to try it myself!