Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Just for Fun

With my July workshops over and the girls back at school, I decided to give myself a day of stamping just for fun.

Firstly as I absolutely LOVE the silhouette effect with a brayered background, I got to with the newest member of my stamp "family" (LOL!), Inspired by Nature. I've used More Mustard, Really Rust and a touch of Ruby Red.

Next just had to be a tri shutter card! These are so simple and such fun to make and I wanted to experiment with a bold one for boys as both of the cards I've made so far have been in soft, feminine colours. I'm not completely happy with it, but it will do; sometimes you just gotta lump it, eh?!

Lastly, this chicken card is for DD17, who has trial HSC exams coming up soon. It is very much tongue-in-cheek, as you may recall from this post that she is scared of our chickens. (We try not to tease her too much, but sometimes it's eggs-tra difficult not to!!!) She loves blue and brown, so I used the GORJUS new papers from the Spring Mini called Parisian Breeze. I decided to combine it with this week's Mojo Monday sketch, as I haven't done a MM for a while:


Hope she likes it, he he!!!

Well, thanks for dropping by. I hope you've had some fun in your day too.

Cheers

Kez

5 comments:

SCRAPCRAZY said...

What a fun card!! I really like your paper choice;)

Lynda said...

Beautiful cards Kez and I really hope that DD17 doesn't 'lay an egg' over the card. It's too much fun and a great yolk at her egg-spense!!! (As u may tell...I am slightly sleep deprived...LOL!!). Your use of the brayer is aweinspiring and I am glad you had some quality playtime!! The Tri-shutter rocks with the slightly deeper mid panel!!

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous cards,love the brayered background and that Parisian Breeze DP is my new favourite.Your tri shutter card is fabulous,Great job!!!
xx

Juls said...

what a brilliant collection of cards! love the first one its so striking!

Heather T said...

I love that brayered background with Inspired by Nature, it is so smooth and perfectly blended.