Monday, June 29, 2009

Heart and Home

I have lived in Australia for 12 years now and I think I am definitely acclimatised to the weather. The first winter we were here, I wore a t-shirt the whole time, occasionally putting on a jumper on really cold nights. No hats, scarves, gloves, etc. Everyone around me was running around in layers of clothing saying "Isn't it cold?" and my reply was pretty much "No, it's not. You guys don't know what cold is!"

Now, I am not saying that Aus doesn't get cold. Heck, I can drive just 30 mins up the hill to Katoomba or Leura and there is snow and coldness aplenty. But we are pretty lucky here in our little neck of the woods and I think I can safely say that in those 12 years, we have had a frost on our back lawn less than half a dozen times. For a girl who came over from Christchurch, that is still an amazing thing!

What's my point? Well, you see, in just over a couple of weeks now, I am going back to Christchurch for a visit, and I have to truthfully admit that I am a little worried about how darn cold it is going to be! Yes, I am concerned at going from a place where 7 degrees is the lowest temperature of the day to a place where 7 degrees can be the highest temperature of the day!!! Christchurch in the middle of winter; what was I thinking????

Still, I wouldn't miss it for the world. I have lived in Christchurch on three separate occasions so far in my nomadic existence, and to me it's a very special place. So today's craft offering is a scrapbook layout I made some years back about this beautiful Garden City.



Created by Kez.

And although of course, when you talk about heart and home it is always where your loved ones are, if we are talking about a place - just one place that is more special than any other - then my journalling says it for me, for Christchurch will always be 'the place my heart calls home'.

Cheers
Kez

3 comments:

Emily said...

Your home looks absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing:))

Chris ChChNZ said...

We are looking forward to having you back home Kez. But do bring your woolies, we didn't get above 6 degrees today, and haven't seen the sun for several, it has been so dull. Please bring some sunshine with you.

Cheryl said...

Lovely LO and gorgeous photos!!!
xx