Sunday, June 7, 2009

All in the Family

I have no artistic talent whatsoever for drawing. None. At all. Seriously. When I taught high school, I occasionally drew stick figures to illustrate a topic, but would always get a hard time from my students about my drawing. My attempts at drawing sheep were legend! Now I have had a play with a stamp set that solves all my stick figure issues!

One of my hostesses this month has the set All in the Family and wanted some ideas for cards, so I searched splitcoaststampers to find some inspiration. These little characters are rather cute - and five hundred percent better than mine were - but I did find them a lot fiddlier than I expected, even using my wonderful stamp-a-ma-jig!

This was one of the easiest bodies to use, as the hands and feet came attached already! The design is simple and can easily be changed for a boy.

Created by Kez; inspred by Louy and Stamp My Day. Stamped images ©1990-2009 Stampin' Up! ®
My hostess loves bold, bright colours, so this next one will be a hit with her, I'm sure.

Created by Kez; inspired by Kid_Curry1. Stamped images ©1990-2009 Stampin' Up! ®
And lastly my favourite, cos those baby faces are just so darn cute! Unfortunately the colours didn't photograph well - my bad.

Created by Kez; inspired by Babies. Stamped images ©1990-2009 Stampin' Up! ®

If you are similarly afflicted with Stick Figure Syndrome, here's the perfect set for you! LOL! Thanks for dropping by.

Cheers
Kez

4 comments:

LINDA said...

WOW!! You have been busy.. these are all just wonderful.. Love the little stick Figures..Very well done..
Hugs, Linda

Lynda said...

Looks like it's a day for Linda/Lynda comments...LOL. I now know what u mean by all ur frustrations!!! Patience of a Saint darl. WAY cute tho...and gives those of us who have the artistic talent of a wayward toddler hope!!LOL. Awesome Effort Kez.

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I am desperately looking for this type of stick figures to make some notepads for friends. I'm confused, though. Did you use stamps for this or it is a graphic online that can be downloaded or purchased?

Thanks.
Lara

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!